3 Things I love About Fall
1. It would be a travesty to give the number one spot to anything other than Pumpkin. I mean, come on now. Fall and pumpkin go together like, well, like Fall and pumpkin. I don't think any two things are more perfectly matched than that. There is Pumpkin cheese cake and pumpkin corn bread. Pumpkin pie scented candles and pumpkin decorations. Sure, you technically could have pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread any day of the year. But I think deep down deep in our souls we subconsciously know that that would just be wrong. It's like having watermelon in the Winter. You just don't do it.
2. The clothes! Brown boots, leggings, sweaters and chunky scarves. Fall fashion is hands down my favorite.
3. The beauty of nature in the Fall is beyond spectacular. Spring is nice and all with the new green grass and spring flowers blooming, but nothing beats the gorgeous color pallet of Fall.
3 Things I Dislike about Fall.
1. After Fall comes Winter. I am not a fan. Cold and I do not meld well. I can have layers of socks on, but still have freezing cold feet. Ok, so I clearly have a problem. I just choose to blame Winter. It's easier.
2. Having to wear Jeans. I thoroughly dislike wearing jeans. My thighs are not in proportion to my butt. I need a bigger size to compensate for my thighs, but then that leaves me with...yep, butt gap. Which leaves me constantly pulling up my pants. Which isn't good considering I have 2 kids and spend half my day bending over picking up toys or wipe noses or sitting on the floor playing with said toys. I pray everyday (ok, not every day) that sweatpants will become social acceptable to wear at anytime in public. There are leggings, which thank goodness are back in style. But I can't just wear leggings everyday or else I will be known as the girl who wears leggings every day. And I already was that girl 15 years ago, and let me tell you I will never live that down. So, the moral of the story. If you ever see me wearing jeans you can be sure that as soon as I get home those bad boys are off and my sweatpants are on.
3. The extra amount of self control it takes to NOT eat all the yummy pumpkin and apple desserts. No other season has quite the extent of desserts that Fall seems to bring. Glazed donuts and apple cider. Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing. Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream. I love it all! But, unfortunately, my body does not.
Enjoy this first day of Fall and have a wonderful weekend!