I'm not really a fan of using recipes when it comes to cooking, but here is the recipe I kind of followed:
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (I just used sesame tahini)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used roasted garlic instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place eggplant on baking sheet, and make holes in the skin with a fork. Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Remove skin from eggplant, and most of seeds.
- Place eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds, cumin and garlic in an electric blender, and puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.